Configure Windows Mail (Microsoft Windows Vista)
1. Open Windows Mail from your start menu. It should be near the top of the list of programs under the All Programs menu.
2. Click on “Tools” menu in the upper left hand corner and choose “Accounts” from the drop down list that appears.
3. Click on the “Add” button in the upper right hand corner of the menu that appears and choose “E-Mail Account” from the options box.
4. In the Display name field simply enter what you wish your display name to be on email messages, and then click “Next”.
5. In the Email Address field put the full email address including domain name of the email account you wish to set up and click “Next”. Example: John@sampledomain.com
6. There are 4 settings on the Email Server Page that need to be looked into:
- Choose the type of connection from the dropdown at the top of the page. The options are POP3, IMAP, and HTTP. For more information on each of the connection types please click “here” (put link to our IMAP/POP3 comparison article)
- For your incoming mail server put in mail.yourdomain.com
- For your outgoing mail server put in mail.yourdomain.com
- Place a checkmark in the box at the bottom of the page next to “Outgoing server requires authentication”, then click “Next”
7. Internet Email Login page has two settings that need attention:
- In the Email Username textbox put your FULL email address, not just the username.
- Place your email account password in the password textbox and click “Next”.
- (Make sure to check the box next to “Remember Password” so you will not need to login every time you connect.)
8. Click “Finish” on the final page and you are all done!