Adding and Deleting Email Accounts in Webmail
Adding and Removing Email Accounts in Webmail
These instructions assume you have already logged into a domain as the administrator. If you are unsure as to whether or not you an an administrator, log in to webmail. If you have access to the following process, you are an admin. Only an admin can add, manage or delete email accounts.
To do this, please follow this article:
Find your Webmail interface by going to mail.yourdomain.com
(substitute yourdomain with your actual domain)
Adding Email Accounts
- Once you are logged in as the domain administrator account, click on the Settings button in the menu on the left hand side of the screen to be given a list of settings for your account
- Click on Users under the Domain Settings section of the navigation panel.
- The main window will show a list of current email users on the domain. Click on the New button in the top left corner to of the main window to create a new user. Fill in the Username field with the name of the email address you would like to create. Fill in a new password for the user and repeat the password in the field below.
- Once you are done filling out the necessary information, click on the Save button in the upper left hand corner.
Deleting Email Accounts
Note: When you delete a user from Webmail it also deletes their email from the server. If the user is connected with POP3 however, the email is downloaded to their computer and will not be deleted.
- Login to Webmail at mail.yourdomain.com, as the postmaster (admin).
- Click on the Settings icon on the far left hand side. This will bring up the settings for the domain.
- Click on Users then select the check box next to the user you wish to delete.
- Click on delete at the top of the window to delete the user.